HPAF has been such a vital part of my growth into becoming an emerging professional artist. Having the opportunity to participate in HPAF for the last two summer has opened my eyes to the professional world of music and has helped me to understand who I am as an artist and what I hope to become in the future.
— Samantha Burdick
Who This Is For
This is our main vocal program and is designed for the developing singer. Our developing singers are mainly singers currently attending college undergrad and grad programs, or are post college and still developing career level skills.
We offer an intensive training and performance program, allowing participants to work alongside and under the guidance of some of the top professionals in the industry. Selected participants will be assigned a role in one of our fully-staged productions, accompanied by a professional orchestra. In addition to the study and performance of a role, participants may perform on a concert and/or masterclasses with our esteemed faculty..
For two of the three weeks, the primary focus will be on the study, staging and performance of a role. Acting and Dance/Movement classes will be ongoing and Masterclasses will be interspersed. Additionally, there will be several optional classes (TBA), which will focus on continuing education, career development, and audition presentation.
Participants will receive a minimum of two private voice lessons per week. Private coaching sessions will be ongoing and geared toward performance preparation.
For either live, or recorded auditions, you must submit the following:
- Baroque Aria (Handel, preferred)
- Classical Musical Theatre Selection (Kurt Weil or R&H, preferred)
- Contemporary American Aria (only for baritones & mezzos wishing to be considered for As One)
- Contrasting Aria of Choice
If you only wish to be considered for Carousel and/or Threepenny, please prepare:
- Classical Musical Ballad Up-Tempo
- Classical Musical Theatre Ballad
- Contrasting Selection of Choice
- Kurt Weill or R&H is strongly encouraged for at least one selection.
- No musical theatre cuts will be permitted. Full selections, only.
- Legit sopranos specifically auditioning for the role of Lucy in Threepenny should showcase a sustained High C in their offerings.
Tuition & Financial Aid
The total cost is $4,290 USD, which includes tuition, housing, and three meals per day.
- Upon acceptance, a non-refundable $1,000 deposit is required within 10 days in order to secure your spot.
- Payment #1 is due 30 days after deposit has been received – $1,645
- Payment #2 is due 45 days after Payment #1 has been received – $1,645
*If you have been awarded a scholarship, the total award will be deducted from your second tuition payment.
If you are applying for financial aid you must complete the HPAF Financial Aid Form along with your application on YapTracker. (Click on the “APPLY HERE” link) The financial aid form must be submitted with your application. Financial aid is limited and requests for financial aid are strictly evaluated and awarded only to qualifying applicants, based on the following three criteria:
- Verifiable financial need
- Level of talent and skill
- Casting needs