Wow! Lifelong Singers — what a life-singing, life-changing experience! I’ve been playing my vocal chords all my life, in various venues from shower stalls to concert halls and everything in between. Nothing, however, beats the professionalism, the musicality, and the camaraderie of a week-long immersion in the HPAF LLS experience. Don’t leave home, or life, without trying it at least once.”
— Duncan Dempster
LIFELONG SINGER 2019: PEAKING THROUGH THE CRACKS
Wednesday, June 19 – Sunday, June 23, 2019
Hawaii Preparatory Academy – Waimea, HI
Hawaii Performing Arts Festival’s acclaimed Lifelong Singer Program is a musical experience like few others worldwide. Immerse yourself in the power of music for an intensive five-days of study and performance, where you will have the opportunity to work with our roster of world-class faculty artists. Masterclasses and workshops will address vocal technique and interpretation, performance anxiety, stage etiquette, acting and movement, classical, jazz, and popular music, and more. Our participants come from all walks of life and bring a wealth of experiences to the program—some having sung on tour with professional rock bands, church choirs, a cappella groups, or never at all. Our Lifelong Singer alums have traveled from as far as Sweden and as near as Waimea to participate in our unique program.
Our 2019 Lifelong Singer Program: Peaking Through the Cracks will allow participants to explore how to perform at their maximum potential, utilizing self-identified shortcomings and technical issues to assist in their own uniquely stylized and captivating performances.
The 2019 Lifelong Singer Faculty includes:
- Justin John Moniz (HPAF Executive Director and LLS Program Director)
- Val Underwood (HPAF Artistic Director and Vocal Faculty)
- Paul Floyd (LLS Co-Music Director)
- James Harrington (LLS Associate Director & Vocal Faculty)
- Jennifer McGregor (Vocal Faculty)
- Bill Christensen (Vocal Faculty)
- Phil Kadet (Guest Masterclass Clinician)
…and additional faculty to be announced soon.
We are proud to offer two specialized tracks for involvement in our 2019 Program.
- Our FULL PARTICIPANT Program features participation in all masterclasses and workshops, in addition to one-on-one daily voice lessons and coachings with each of our voice faculty and music directors. Full participants will also perform on the Lifelong Singer Cabaret, held on Sunday, June 23, 2019, where they will have the opportunity to sing a solo selection, in addition to ensemble numbers alongside fellow Lifelong Singers. Daily lunch is also provided. *In order to successfully participate in this program, all participants must be willing to commit to the five-day schedule from 9:00am-3:00pm, as well as the cabaret performance on the last day of the program. In order for us to provide the appropriate one-on-one attention with each student, this program is capped at sixteen participants each season. Once we have reached sixteen participants, we will begin a wait-list and be in touch in the event of any openings.
- Launched in 2017, our highly-acclaimed AUDITOR PARTICIPANT Program allows interested participants to observe our five-day masterclass series. For those unable or apprehensive about committing to the full program, our Auditor Program is a great opportunity to get a taste of the Lifelong Singer experience. Many of our auditors have returned in future seasons and are now successful alumni of our Full Participant Program.
REGISTRATION & TUITION
Please take your time and carefully fill out the form below. Tell us why you’re interested in Lifelong Singer and what you wish to gain from our program! At HPAF, it is our goal to provide a detailed plan to help each student achieve their own unique and individualized goals. Once we receive your registration form, a member of our team will be in touch with you shortly. Tuition fees for each program are outlined below.
- FULL PARTICIPANT
- New Lifelong Singer: $745
- Returning Lifelong Singer: $695
- *Early Bird Discount — $50-off tuition paid by 3/1/19.
- AUDITOR PARTICIPANT
- New Auditor: $150
- Returning Auditor: $135
- *Early Bird Discount — $20-off tuition paid by 3/1/19.
Tuition payments should be made via check and sent to the address below.
All checks should be made payable to Hawaii Performing Arts Festival.
Hawaii Performing Arts Festival
Attn: Irma Singer, Director of Finance
4011 Primavera Road, Suite B
Santa Barbara, CA 93110
While Hawaii Performing Arts Festival does not provide housing for Lifelong Singer’s program participants, we are happy to provide recommendations for local accommodations in Waimea town or in nearby areas, depending upon your preference. For more information on lodging, please contact Jamie Balter, Artistic Administrator at email@example.com.
ARE YOU READY TO START YOUR LIFELONG JOURNEY?
Discover your voice. Unleash your potential. Register today.